Camlock Coupling Manufacturer
OrientFlex is present our customers with the highest quality Camlock Coupling, fastest service, and extremely competitive pricing.
Inquire the Direct Factory Price Now!
OrientFlex is a professional camlock couplings manufacturer. Our offer a wide variety camlock fittings, available in: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Polypropylene, and Brass. Size: 1/2″ to 8″. Inquire the Direct Factory Price Now!
OrientFlex committed to providing our customers with high quality, high specification, and affordable camlock coupling products. We also can customize camlock products base on customer requirement, which can meet all your needs. If you are interested in our products, Inquire the Direct Factory Price Now!
Stainless Steel Camlock
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Camlock Fitting?
A Camlock Fitting is a type of coupling that is used for connecting hoses and or pipes together that transfer liquids, powders and granules. A ‘straight through’ connection is made that maintains the pipe size and allows the free flow of material being transferred.
They are easy to operate by hand and require no tools to connect or to disconnect. Since they require no threads to connect the two halves of the mating pair together, they are able to operate in dirty environments. They are the most widely used coupling in the world, due to their ease of use, their versatility, and their cost effectiveness.
They are ‘tailor made’ for applications where routine hose changes are required and are also widely used to connect pipes or hoses to various pieces of equipment, like to a pump for example.
How Do Camlocks Work?
It requires two parts of the coupling to make a connection, a male adapter and a female coupler.
1. Place the same size male adapter into the female coupler (You may have to open the handles on the female cam).
2. Close both arms/handles simultaneously (This ensures the male grooved cam makes a leak proof seal on the recessed gasket inside the female coupler.)
3. To disconnect open the handles and remove the male adapter (Make sure there is no pressure build up in the line before dissembling.)
Why Use Camlocks?
● Ease of Use: They are probably the easiest of the quick couplings to use. They can be connected by hand and require no tools to assemble.
● Quick to Couple: A connection can be made in seconds. There are no threads involved when connecting the complementary male and female coupler halves together.
● Versatile: They are suitable to be used on most liquid, powder and gas applications. (Not suited for compressed air applications due to safety concerns.)
● Durable: Their simple design means there are no issues with dirt or premature damage due to wear and tear.
● Reliable: They are designed for multiple repeatable use, that is to repeat their function of connecting/disconnecting in the same manner for the life of the product.
● Cost Effective: They are well priced compared to other quick disconnects. The fact that they are so easy to use and reliable leads to more time and cost saving.
This makes them suitable for almost all environments and very well suited to situations where multiple connections and disconnections are required, for example the frequent changing of hoses for chemical trucks and petroleum applications.
How to Select the Right Camlock Fitting?
● Size: The size of the thread or hose determines the size of the camlock required. If you have a 1″ thread or a 1″ hose then you need a 1″ Camlock. (See below “How to measure the size of a camlock”)
● Pressure: Operating pressure ratings vary for the various materials with Stainless Steel having the highest rating and Polypropylene the lowest. (See below “Pressure Ratings”)
● Temperature: The temprature rating of the camlock is largely determined by the gasket. If you have exceedingly high or low temperature requirements, please see the temperature rating of the respective gaskets. (see below ” Temperature Ratings”)
● Material: Chemical compatibility varies for the various materials (See below “Camlock Material Composition”)
● End Connection: If you are connecting to a hose you will require a hose shank end, (That is a Type C or E). If you are connecting to a male thread you will require a cam with a female thread, (That is a Type A or D). If you are connecting to a female thread then you will require a cam with a male thread. (That is a Type B or F).
How to Measure the Size of a Camlock?
The size of the camlock required is determined by the size of the threaded half or the hose shank half of the cam. This is referred to as the nominal size. For example if the thread or hose barb is 2″, then the size of that camlock coupling’ is 2″.
One can also measure the camlock half, however this measurement is generally not used any more to identify the size of the camlock.
● The Male Adapter size is determined by measuring the outside diameter (OD)
● The Female Coupler size is determined by measuring the inside diameter (ID)
Camlock Material Composition?
Cam & Groove Couplings come in a variety of materials each suited to various applications. Below are some useful advantages and common applications that will help you identify the correct material required for your particular application.
● Stainless Steel: The advantages are its high strength, corrosion resistance and its resistance to extreme temperatures. This durability makes stainless steel compatible with a large range of materials including acids, alkalis and highly corrosive applications. Common applications include food & beverage, marine applications, pharmaceutical & chemical , cleaning & sanitation, paints & dyes, fuel & oil and manufacturing. (Click here for: The Difference Between Stainless Steel 316 vs 304)
● Brass: The advantages are it is corrosion resistant especially to saltwater, and it is easy to assemble since it’s a “softer” metal allowing the cam arms to closes easily. Common applications include marine installations, deep well operations and in applications where salty water is prevalent.
● Aluminum: The advantages are it is light weight and cost effective. Although it is not as corrosion resistant as stainless its low cost makes it easy to replace making it a good alternative for industrial applications. Common applications include the wide range of general industry, construction and applications using fresh water mixtures.
● Polypropylene: The advantages are it is light weight, low cost and chemical resistant. Like stainless steel they are suitable for acids and alkalis and are corrosive resistant. Common applications include the chemical industry, industrial applications and agriculture.
● Nylon: Similar to polypropylene the advantages are a higher resistance to high temperatures and humidity. Common applications are the chemical and agriculture industries in high heat and moisture applications.